Fujitsu blade servers

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Last evening, I was curious regarding Fujitsu's server solutions. Their rack models are ok, but they don't seem that special. However, their 10U blade chassis looks great on paper. They pack two more blades than the equivalent HP model (the BL c7000). They are more flexible regarding the input current (it can work with 120V, unlike the c7000 which requires 240V). The management seems comparable to HP's.

See for yourself.

It's a little late to consider it for my company's modernization plan, but I'll ask around for prices and reliability experiences. At least on paper, they seem to have a winner. The distribution channel isn't as wide as HP's, of course, but it's a lot better than SuperMicro's. They do offer 4h on-site repair, which SuperMicro does not, at least here.

Another nice thing about their blades : you can connect two DAS blade units to a single half-height blade server unit. HP only allows one per half-height blade server. So in theory, I could install a VSA on a blade server with two DAS units connected to it and end with a very fast SAN with a very fast connection to my other blade server (within the blade chassis). The only way to do that with HP is to use a full size blade (the BL660c) and those won't have the v2 Xeon before early next year, while taking twice as much space.

Their Infiniband connection module is the same price as HP's QLogic IB module plus its management module too.