Going mobile: service provider, hardware complete package?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Looks like the rent here is outpacing my income. I'm going to move, and, I don't know where. Thinking of bouncing around a bit over the summer, and, I'm considering a wireless solution. My questions are what company(currently have AT&T for the cell, and, they bought SBC and took over my home phone as well)?
What hardware? I would be running probably about 3 computers, 2 desktops, and one laptop off the setup?
Don't think either of the motherboards I've got has wireless on it, so what cards do you use?
And, what's this going to cost? Is it possible to take one
wireless laptop card, plug it into a router, and use the other two computers off a wireless hub?

Thanks

G
PS I'm in Kali.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Don't exactly know where you are headed for this?

Well for a broadband setup you will need a wireless router and a card in the desktops, the notebook I would assume should be all set.

For a cellular solution you would need bluetooth in the phone and you can connect the laptop to the phone via bluetooth. The USB cable can be a bit of a drag for that. My company does this with blackberrys and I was so friggin happy when 4.2 came out and I could use bluetooth again and ditch the USB cable.

Myself I have pondered it and I can get by hanging out in parking lots or starbucks for a few hours a day to get my internet fix, often do this while traveling.

Stereodude

Not really a
I read wireless as cellular. I assumed that Greg knew all about standard 802.11a/b/g/n wireless. But, I can see how you might be confused. :confused:

ddrueding

Fixture
Here in Moscow GoldenWiFi has the whole city wired with 802.11b. I paid ~$30 for a month's worth of access from anywhere. I wish they had this at home...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Sorry if the initial post was confusing. I'm looking for the same solution David has in Moscow, but in Kali..

At the same time, it would be nice to be able to pull the card out of the laptop, plug it in to a router, wired is fine, and be able to run a couple of desktops off that.

ddrueding

Fixture
Stereodude's links are likely what you are after. Google has a large-scale wireless deployment around my house, but the cellular companies are shooting them down wherever the show up.