Good, inexpensive place to by Network Cable & Plugs?

Gilbo

Storage is cool
I'm going to have to make a lot of ethernet cables for the house soon, and I'd prefer to buy a bunch of cable and the plugs in bulk. I checked out Home Depot. It was $75 for 500ft of Cat5e. But the plugs were nearly a dollar each. What I'd really like to do is find a good online distributor for this stuff.

Ideally, I'd like them to be Canadian I don't know where my fellow Canadians go. I wouldn't mind recommendations on American shops though. Oftentimes they're cheaper, even with the duty --especially with our dollar being what it is these days.

I checked NCIX but that sort of stuff isn't really their bag. Halifax isn't a great town for computer stuff generally, although Robotnik has prices that are as good NCIX's on a lot of stuff.

Handruin

Administrator
I know this won't answer the initial question, but would you consider going something like CAT 6 if you're going through the pain of wiring a house? That way you can get a better speed through GigE if you ever decide to go that route? I know CAT5e is capable, but I've read you're less susceptible to noise over longer runs (which you may be doing in a house).

Gilbo

Storage is cool
Actually, Handruin, I do want to at least look very seriously at Cat 6. One of the most annoying things about Home Depot for me was that I couldn't compare prices between 5e & 6. They only had 5e. Some of the runs will be pretty long too --like 20m.

Robotnik, it turns out has 1000ft 5e for less than the 500 at Home Depot. Not Cat6 though. And I'll still have to buy the plugs elsewhere.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It's not helpful to you in Nova Scotia, but I buy lots of things from Cableconn.com. Recently they switched policies, though, and now they don't do free shipping for $20 orders any more, which makes me a sad panda.