Half Price REVO drive

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
David:

Let's say you have two X-25M's that go
2xX-25M160gigRaid0.jpg

Does the REVO drive bring anything to the table that is better, and, does it support Trim?

gs

ddrueding

Fixture
Ahh...just remembered that that isn't a RevoDrive.

Let me run it on another machine later. But yes, you will see some faster write speeds.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
The fact that unit is on sale at that very reasonable price is a good sign that prices on those things are dropping generally. I don't want to buy another $500 SSD.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I think that is an older one. The STR is not so fast and it uses the ~2-year-old Stoneforce controller.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Price is good, size is good. Product seems to work.

David:
Any down sides to these drives?
Had any go bad?

Will it fit next to the 295, on my Gigabyte GA EX58 UD5?

ddrueding

Fixture
I've never had any go bad, but others have so the potential is certainly there. I've only bought maybe a dozen, so the stats can't be settled just by me. It has its own RAID card built in, and that driver isn't built into Windows 7 or Server 2008, so you get to download the driver and add it during OS install (not nearly as bad as it used to be, USB and CDs are allowed, and you don't have to press "F6" at just the right time).

It will fit multiple places, I'd consider sticking it on the orange slot way down at the end; better ventilation is never a bad thing.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
SD:
David has a ton of machines running SSD's from OCZ. The ONLY failure was one of my drives, in a 3 drive raid, in my server.
Pulling it, going to two drives, no difference.
It did take OCZ a couple trys to get me a working SSD replacement, but, last time I checked, that's the boot drive in my little used HTPC. It's just fine.