Hansol Monitors

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Does anyone have any experience with these monitors?

I was looking at the 720E as a low end 17" monitor. I was also comparing that with LG International's LGX710 17" monitor, which happens to be US$6.00 cheaper for me to buy. Both of which are cheaper then the Samsung 750s by at least US$20.00.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
We used a modest number of them for a while, Buck. This was back in 15 inch days. They had excellent picture quality for the money and were a cut above most other entry-level monitors, for just a few dollar more. We had one or two go wrong, nothing out of fthe ordinary. I think they are a subsiduary of Samsung. At least Samsung handle their on-site warranty in this country.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I've been tempted by Hansol monitors some three or four years ago. PC Magazine gave one of their higher-end model good comments in a 19" round up (I think it was October '97 or '98), but I didn't find any supplier for them back then. Since that time, Hansol seems to have quit high-end and even mainstream segments to concentrates on the cheapest sector, where I refuse to sell anything because I don't consider these monitors good enough for my systems.

Back in the late nineties, Hansol monitors were bulky and looked as ordinary as it was possible to, but the interior parts were often of decent quality. Their lack of style and features (no short tube from them for sure) allowed them to sell at a lower price point than other units with similar picture quality. They have changed, unfortunately.