Have the Application of Your Choice Launch as a Service

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q137890

I've used the techniqe above with great success to have my United Devices THINK program launch even though no one has actually logged onto my WinXP box. It is really easy actually.

However, does anyone how I can enable my network connection as a Service? I tried setting a couple of the services in the Services control applet to Automatic but I must be playing with the wrong ones.

My goal is to enable my Network connection when nobody is logged on so that the United Devices program can download and upload data as required....

Thanks,
Clocker

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Just put the following lines into your STARTUP.CMD.

(Alter the details to suit, of course.)

Code:
C:\MUGLIB\LOGON.EXE [i]username[/i] /p:[i]password[/i] /v:local
net use x: \\[i]server\requiredresourcename[/i]
EXIT

Oh, but you'll need to upgrade your operating software first. Any OS/2 version less than ten years or so old will do fine.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
the NET commands have been part of 32-bit Windows for as long as it has existed.

And yes, given that any version of OS/2 can connect to a domain controller and XP Home can't, I don't think Tea's statement is wholly unreasonable.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Actually, I think I found the answer...set the NetLogin service to Automatic....

I think....anyway. We'll know shortly if the UD program can communicate after I reboot!

Clocker

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Clocker, how about the other network services, such as Network Connections, Network DDE, Network DDE DSDM, or NLA, they are set to Manual by default, how about setting them to Automatic?

BR

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I believe I tried Network Connections before but it didn't work. I'm trying it again to be sure. THe others just don't seem to be the right one based on their description...?

Also, Network DDE and DDE DSDM are not 'Started' now and my net access is fine. Hmmm. I'll check again in the AM.

Night!

C