Heat sinks for new Intel Procs

ddrueding

Fixture
Although they look cool, I can only imagine what kind of forces these are putting on the motherboard when stood on end and shaken (moved). I'm picturing a backing-plate sized hone and the whole deal on the floor of the chasis.

I do like the design, though.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Soon, somebody'll take a car radiator and mount it on the side of the case to cool one of these beasts (Tejas / Prescott). Global warming will get worse (now, now, this is a joke, don't get upset). You can park your PC in the kitchen (toss out your low-tech cooking range); you'll need really long cables, though.

Electricity consumption will probably go up 10% when these things are released. Buy stock in utility companies n-o-w!

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
[urlhttp://www.aerocool.com.tw/aerocool-files-v3/cooler/ht101.htm]Aerocool HT-101[/url].
CoolerMaster Hyper 6.

Those heatsinks Mubs linked have bit longer heat pipes though...

Cheers,

Jan

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Wow, all of this copper sounds super heavy, especiall when tilted on its side. Pretty soon we'll need supports in the enclosure to hold one of these beasts in place.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Dual xeons aren't exactly quiet, or cool, and they are only 2.8's.
Still they ROCK!
s

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
Buck said:
Wow, all of this copper sounds super heavy, especiall when tilted on its side. Pretty soon we'll need supports in the enclosure to hold one of these beasts in place.

As ridiculous as cooling has become (i.e -- evermore complex and expensive) I'm surprised someone hasn't built their own "personal cooling tower" outside -- ala Cray.

Don't tell me, someone's already done it... :lol: