HE'Z BACK!

Corvair

Learning Storage Performance
Ya, too bad "i" can't log in yet (nor " ï "). Er... that confirmnation E-mail thingee.

This place has gone "blue." Actually, this new minimal sleek look is a bit better.

Tea, what'z with all the "Z" zee's zees? Zzzzebra syndrome

Corvair

• 4018223e3dc58ecc94ee9.gif
Groltz! You're looking a bit disheveled nowadays.

Let me guess now... er... paging though reams of mental records now... Gun Club? Sisters Of Mercy? Fields Of Nephilim?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Zlight thpeech impediment, Gary. Tannin made me a zmall nightcap the other week, and I just can't zeem to thake the effectz off. It'z worst with the thibliantz.

Our Doug ain't going to be pleazed to hear that the confirm email thingy iz ztill playing up. :(

Handruin

Administrator
It could be related to the domain name. If the confirmation was sent out using the swordfish address it might not work. Can you ICQ me or AOLIM me, or even PM or e-mail me with the activation link if you continue to have problems.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Corvair said:
Groltz! You're looking a bit disheveled nowadays.

Let me guess now... er... paging though reams of mental records now... Gun Club? Sisters Of Mercy? Fields Of Nephilim?

Howdy Gary,

That avatar is a bit disheveled isn't it? Well, it was picked for the mood it conveyed to me. It doesn't really have any similarity to my own appearance...I would consider the avatar guy is likely better looking. :wink: It is supposed to be a depiction of Jack the Ripper, by the way.
I don't listen to any of the bands you mentioned; you're still batting .000 in that regard, Tex. (I didn't listen to The Misfits either, although I had seen them in concert as an opening band once)

Have you been gone on special assignment for the last month or two? Sitting on a platform out in the GoM? If you have been gone this long, at least go find the post I wrote to you in the computer forum on the subject of DiskT@2.

--Steve

Splash

Groltz said:
...It is supposed to be a depiction of Jack the Ripper, by the way.

Well, it could be the lead vocalist of _ _ _ _ _ _ as well.

Have you been gone on special assignment for the last month or two?

Let's just say I was -- and really still am -- busy; work, school, and other activities. When push came to shove, playing around on the Internet just had to be relegated to...

Sitting on a platform out in the GoM?

Er... It took me about a minute to figure out that GoM is "Gulf Of Mexico."

I can't say for certain if I've ever been on a platform or any fixed object in the GoM, certainly not an oil or gas rig. I have, however, been in the GoM in various sailboats over the years innumerable times, though.

Now, if you are implying that I actually WORK on one of those things, I don't. I work here on land, and at the same job position for about 20 years (if that really matters).

If you have been gone this long, at least go find the post I wrote to you in the computer forum on the subject of DiskT@2.

Oh, I was fully aware of that before I posted that blurb (i.e. -- the "darker" media). I don't really find the T@2 feature terribly useful, but it can be useful in some instances. If one really needs to use the T@2 capability, you can still buy the "old" Verbatim 16X media. I still see it being stocked and restocked in stores. I currently use the 48X Verbatim Datalife media, which is Super-AZO like the "old" 16X media, but it isn't as dark blue.