High speed and time lapse in one camera?

RWIndiana

Learning Storage Performance
I'm looking for a digital camera with fairly specific qualifications. Although I don't think it's overly demanding, I am having a hard time pinning down the right combination.

1. Ability to shoot video at high speed (ie slow-mo). 1500 or more FPS would be nice
2. Ability to take customizable interval time-lapse videos/photos
3. Good picture quality, and preferably SLR-like features if possible
4. Compact (the smaller the better, but I'm willing to fudge)
5. Price range of (hopefully) under $600 or so, but I'm willing to at least consider others
6. umm I think that's all, besides the basics (?)

Any candidates?

ddrueding

Fixture
That actually sound pretty demanding to me.

My 7D will only do 60fps, and it cost thousands. To get it to do time-lapse requires a computer.

What have you found so far?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Not really. You can find many cheap cameras with time lapse capability or remote control, but high speed video is a whole other deal. ;) There are or were some affordable P/S style camera with decent framing rates, but low resolution. What is the purpose?

Stereodude

Not really a
Casio has several cameras that can shoot very high FPS video for slow motion. I have no idea if they're any good or not though, or how they fit the rest of your requirements. link

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
That was the brand I was alluding to, but IQ is not so good because resolution decreases with FPS.

ddrueding

Fixture
Casio has several cameras that can shoot very high FPS video for slow motion. I have no idea if they're any good or not though, or how they fit the rest of your requirements. link

Ah, the best of them will do 1000FPS! At a resolution of 224x56. Even at 420FPS it can only do 224x168.