HoneyComb LX2K ARM motherboard

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
While I don't normally post about new products, this one is an interesting one...

Product: https://www.solid-run.com/nxp-lx2160a-family/honeycomb-workstation/
Benchmarks: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=HoneyComb-LX2K-Sep-Perf

A 16x core ARM based workstation board, that competes with or beats an Intel i7-4770 in a most workloads... According to forum post, the board with an AMD RX550, 32GB of RAM, running the benchmarks (as posted), uses a huge 26W.

And I believe it's priced quite competitively at US$550. (CPU + motherboard).
Note: It does come with 3x USB3, 3x USB2, an M.2 slot, 4x SATA, PCI x8 slot for graphics, 2x SFP+ 10Gbe and 1x 1Gbe LAN.

Most other ARM based systems within this performance envelope, regularly go for US$2K+. (Not to mention is you can find a MIPS or PowerPC based system, they are in the same range as well).

Stereodude

Not really a
It looks a little bit interesting. So the main selling point of this ARM SoC is efficiency? Because it doesn't seem to be price (vs. Intel & AMD).

Chewy509

Wotty wot wot.
It looks a little bit interesting. So the main selling point of this ARM SoC is efficiency? Because it doesn't seem to be price (vs. Intel & AMD).
ARM has always been about efficiency... and unfortunately underwhelming performance... This changes that viewpoint.

The closest I could find is a Supermicro X10SDV-6C-TLN4F-0 for US$699. There is a Supermicro X10SDV--2C-TLN2F-O for US$369 on newegg, but its CPU isn't in the same performance envelope...

Also I'm struggling to find a socketed motherboard (AMD or Intel) that has dual 10GbE SFP+ ports for less than US$450 ?

Stereodude

Not really a
I wasn't so focused on the value of the features on the motherboard, but the cost of the CPU + a motherboard.