"Hot Doughnuts Now"

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Isn't Tim Horton that guy that gets arrested by the Police regularly for carrying 11 donuts at one time???
Sorry, I have no clue what your reffering to ie. I believe you are confusing things.

Tim Horton was a hockey player....I believe his self named donut store started in Hamilton On....it expanded and remains a very popular (good java) coffee/donout shop ....he died a good while back...although Tim's original partner still remains a strong minority shareholder (~25%), Wendy's restuarants (a la Dave Thomas fame) bought in maybe 5-7 years ago and became the majority owner (and I don't think they have regretted that one - a.k.a. take a look at their financial statements and look at the revenue Tim's has generated for them and you will quickly see why).

Tim's name was brought to light very recently because someone had stole his Stanely Cup ring from his window's home ....it was later recovered

Krispy Kreme invades Canada:
Mississauga, Ontario recieves the first of 32 doughnut shops to open in Canada.
That happened about a year ago at least Cliptin...there were huge line ups...and they continue to do a booming business...I believe the 2nd franchise (in North York) has already opened up as I seem to recall seeing them advertise about it....but I haven't been up to that part of the city for a while so can't confirm

They won't replace Tim Horton on my list for sure.
It will take a whole lot more then Krispy Kreme to bring down a fine Canadian institiution like Tim's :wink:

...this Canadian moment has been brought to you by CK, and the fine coffee at Tim Horton's...now, back to your regular programming

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My corner of the world just got a Krispy Kreme as well. I think their doughnuts are awful. Too damned greasy. Of course, the place has been open for two weeks, and the parking lot is always full.

Some people just don't have good taste.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I'll have to agree with Mercutio, Krispy Kreme stuff is not very good. It is greasy and loaded with sugar. Just give me a plain old-fashioned from the donut shop around the corner and I'll be fine (as far as donut consumption goes, I don't participate very much).

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
a glazed krispy cream donut has more fat than a macdonald's hamburger.... and a load more sugar 8- )

I think crusty cream's glazed and powdered sugar coated filled donuts are good if they were made the night before you eat them.... Otherwise I prefer winchells(sp?)...

The good think about crusty cream are their business hours.. they make donuts all day long and are open everytime I drive by.... most other donut shops close around lunch time and only make donuts in the early morning...