HTPC Control Devices

ddrueding

Fixture
I recently upgraded an HTPC from an old Destination system to a new one using an AIW, keeping the screen, Amp, and control devices. The mouse is basically a remote control with a trackball on the top. What would you guys suggest?

TIA

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
on my htpc i mainly watch movies and play n64 and snes games....

I have the ATi Remote wonder... it's OK, not perfect... Plenty for watching movies and controlling most functions.

Occasionally I'll need better control so I have a logitech cordless optical trackball and logitech's wireless keyboard. Most the time the keyboard stays under the end table though.

For gameplay I have a USB gamepad made by saitek with a belkin USB extension cord. Looks and feels similar to a playstation II controller. A wireless controller would be nice, but I couldnt find anything acceptable.

All remote devices run on rechargable NiMH batteries.

One of the remotes that I hrought were interesting was the remotes that come bundled with snap stream. I thought the control and interface of snapstream was really nice, but there were a few bugs and performance issues when I tried it.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
As I understand it, the newer ATi Remote Wonder II is better as a mouse replacement, and will accept connection of an IR blaster to control other items.