I can hardly wait Dr. Who on SciFi channel starting 3/17/06

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There's a season 2.1 and a season 2.2. Episode 2.19 just aired a few hours ago. :)

I watched Dr. Who on PBS when I was young. The productions always struck me as more theatrical than science fiction from the US. They also looked like everyone involved in production was embezzling money out of the set and effects budgets...

Is the new Doctor still Christopher Eccleston or did he regenerate again?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Mercutio said:
They also looked like everyone involved in production was embezzling money out of the set and effects budgets...

ROTFLMAO! :lol:

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
They also looked like everyone involved in production was embezzling money out of the set and effects budgets...
This Merc character certainly has a way with words :lol:

GMac

Learning Storage Performance
The wobbly sets and SFX were part of the show's charm :) , although in reality the Beeb didn't allocate it a particularly large effects budget. In answer to your second question Merc, Chris Ecclestone only lasted one season in the role before quitting (apparently due to a combination of exhaustion and fearing being typecast). David Tennant took over the role in a one-off special screened here on Christmas Day, and is signed up for at least the next two seasons (the first of which is due to start later this month :mrgrn: ). You will definately notice the improvement in production values of the new version ;), and there are several very good eps to look forward to (especially number 6.......).

GM

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Too bad. I really liked Eccleston in "Cracker".

I don't know that I could watch Dr. Who again. My association with the show is essentially based on one person I knew in college who personified every last one of the worst stereotypes one might have for a Science Fiction fan-type. The guy had a bed shaped like half a Tardis (er... a police box, anyway). Every time I think of Dr. Who, I remember that scary, scary little geek.