I need a shipper within the States.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I have a slight problem. I was interested in a cheap LVD SCSI controller on eBay, but the seller wrote that he would only ship in the U.S. (narrow minded I guess). But, surprisingly, no one seemed interested in his controller. With only seconds to go (9, to be precise - I remember the auction by Clocker I lost to an Hawaiian) and since it was obvious that no one else would bid on the item, I decided to take a risk and place a bid.

I immediately sent a message to the seller not to panic, that I knew he didn't want to ship outside U.S. and that I only placed a bid because no one else would. I'm waiting for his reply.

So...you know what I'm going to ask you, aren't you :roll: ? In the event that the seller is indeed a stubborn bastard and that he only accepts to ship within the States, I'll need an American address to which to send the controller...and ship it again to me in the frozen North. I offer 10U$ for the service, if any of you would be kind enough to help me. I would pay back with Paypal (if that's ok with you) the 10$ plus the shipping from States to here via USPS. Seller is in Denver, but he will ship anywhere within the 48 continental States (so if you're in Alaska, don't bother, you can't help me).

No one is apparently selling cheap controllers here, so I have to resort to other means. I'll understand if no one thinks that 10$ is worth the trouble.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Thanks guys, but the seller has just replied to me and he changed his mind and accepts to ship here. I'll probably have to pay customs fees and taxes since I'm sure he won't write "gift" on the package, but, oh well, it's still cheaper than if I would have got it here.

Again, thank you. It's great to know that I can count on you if I ever need.

zx

Learning Storage Performance
CougTek said:
Thanks guys, but the seller has just replied to me and he changed his mind and accepts to ship here. I'll probably have to pay customs fees and taxes since I'm sure he won't write "gift" on the package, but, oh well, it's still cheaper than if I would have got it here.

Again, thank you. It's great to know that I can count on you if I ever need.

If it's not too late...

In my experience, when the item is shipped via USPS, there is no customs. USP will certainly get you very high custom brokage fees. (60USD for a 100USD item).

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Surely it is the Canadian/Qebeck governments that charge customs fees? If it is a small gift package, then it may go thru unopened and undutied. UPS you will get hit for sure.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Pradeep said:
Surely it is the Canadian/Qebeck governments that charge customs fees?
The customs fees, yes. The brokerage fees are a special attention from the shitty-colored folks at UPS.

Packages that worth less than 20$ aren't charged customs or taxes. Those marked as "gift" can be worth up to 60$ without being taxed and customed.