I think I need More RAM

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
What do you think? :p

citrix.gif

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
nope, 4gb ram doesn't have to be fault or photoshop :)

4gig.gif

i'm wondering why the RAM on this machine reads 32mb less than clockers. it's not having to share mem with anything, eg video.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Don't worry about the manufactures running out or RAM; They'll make more; Like the old Bugels commercial. Buy, Buy, Buy and don't worry about the US govt. running out of money because they will simply print more too, when they start running out.

Jake the Dog,

Make sure that your bios is not shadowing any bios locations.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
hmm good thinking mark. i didn't think of BIOS shadowing. not that it matter at all, i was just curious. would that take up 32mb?

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Jake the Dog said:
hmm good thinking mark. i didn't think of BIOS shadowing. not that it matter at all, i was just curious. would that take up 32mb?

My new dual tyan reserves some memory for PCI devices. Depends on the number of devices. Clocker has the same board.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Lol. That's not MY system!! At work we run Win2K advanced server with Citrix Metaframe:

http://www.citrix.com/products/metaframexp.asp

So, I can run Win2K/MS Office/Lotus Notes in a served Win2K environment on my HP J6000 (HP Unix) workstation. So, that 4GB of RAM is actually on a server on my work's network....

C

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Jake the Dog said:

Yes, it could easily be 32K: Depending on you MB, the shadowing increments could be anywhere from 8K to 64K per location shadowed. Also check your AGP memory settings, because any ram used for your AGP video card may not be availiable generally. If you had an older system them ram can be used for QEMM, EMS paging, or even a ram disk and since the measuring device is at the OS level, stuff that use up ram before the OS, may not report the ram as used but rather missing.

There are actually quite a few ways that memory can seem to disappear.