IDE -> SCSI Adapter

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I know someone from this group was running an IDE drive on a SCSI card with some type of adapter. I'd like to get more details on this. I'd like to eliminate some of the cabling in my case if possible so if I can run my 80GB Cuda on the same LVD cable as my X15, I'd be happy as a PIS.

Anybody have any info on these SCSI->IDE adapters? Do they work on an U160 LVD chain? Got any links to info for me?

Thanks,
Clock

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I have (several, actually, but I'm just using the one) an Acard 50pin SCSI to Ultra/33 bridge card. AFAIK, the best you're going to be able to do with such a bridge is Ultra/33 to UW SCSI (there may be a Ultra/66 to UW or maybe even U2W SCSI, but not from the place I bought mine), which would both screw up your LVD chain and be a hard ceiling for transfers from your 'Cuda.

In short, it's fine where it is.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Whoops. Seems newer revs of the card support ATA100. Not that helps the UW SCSI "bottleneck".

Search on google for "Acard SCSI bridge" and you'll get all the info you can possibly handle.

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
. ..
We used to call these "SCSI Buddies."

I guess the term has long since fallen out of favour with the elitists. :idea:

. ..

GIANT

Learning Storage Performance
..··
Mercutio said:
Well, it's certainly easier than "Acard SCSI to IDE bridge".
Guess I learned a new word today.

The only problem about the term "SCSI buddy" was that some thought the wrong way around: Going from an ATA channel to a SCSI device.

"Oh Great! Now I can hang a Cheetah X-15 off my cruddy little IDE channel ! ! !" (...er, wrong IDE breath)

..··