Image mounting

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I have been using daemon tools for mounting images a lot, but rencently found that it won't mount an image on a mapped network drive. Know of anything that will?

Mostly looking for simple and/or free.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
maxburn, I regularly mount over 100 different images, all from a mapped network drive using daemon tools. There is no limitation when using a mapped network drive or a UNC path.

you may want to try awxDTools or fastMount to easily mount/umount images w/ Daemon tools.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Blake-

It sounds like you do a lot more mounting than the average person. I hope you are using some type of protection for your sake and the sake of the images you are mounting. :wink:

C

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Well daemon tools says "unable to mount image in kernel mode" when I try to mount a DVD ISO on a network drive. Works fine on a local drive.

Will look into those other tools blakewry, thanks.

Boost: I was using a pirated version of alcohol for a couple days, but it's just to much bloatware that I don't need. A little tray app that doesn't get in the way is nice.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Found the problem. The problem is windows remote desktop. I was logging in remotely to a machine that I wanted to load an image by right clicking the tray app. Because the tray app is loaded twice (on the users desktop, and again in the remote desktop session) it doesn't work to well. The image file being on the network didn't really have anything to do with it although it will mount an image locally in remote desktop for some reason.

Workaround im using now is to log in via VNC and load the image on the users desktop session and then do the rest of the work in remote desktop.

Problem #2: Ever sense enabling remote desktop on this 2000 server machine VNC has been "infreakincredibly" slow. RDC works a bit quicker than VNC ever did, but it somehow broke VNC. This is on a Gigabit network and I am using VNC jpg compression. Sigh.