Infrared PC case pictures

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It looks to me like the hottest elements inside those cases are the cards in the expansion slots. Just at a guess, since they ARE the hosttest parts, they're probably very high-end video cards with crappy, crappy fans. Looking at the flickr photos, most of the cases they photograph seem to be cool-ish around the HSF and RAM (under 40C as a guess, which is NOT hot) but warmer around those parts. Hard disks and power supplies are similarly in the middling parts of the heat spectrum.

What those pictures tell me is that whatever asstastic cooling solution is on those graphics cards is not doing its job (that looks like an ATI crossfire setup, but it's hard to say). I'll bet if they put something more middle of the road in those cases, I'll be those pictures would be much, MUCH less alarming.

ddrueding

Fixture
Going to the Flickr pages and skipping directly to page 4 shows a P180 in all it's thermal goodness. It also shows what having too much TIM can do and why putting 2 high end graphics cards on top of one another is a bad idea. :roll: