Is there a way to shut up Jason for a while?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm not sure if any kind of petition would be a good idea. Jason is starting his new job today, so hopefully the problem will go away on it's own. I do agree that it is becoming a distraction, and Jason's posts keep popping up like New York cockroaches.

I consider this whole thing a mixed bag. On the one hand, at least I know somebody will read and respond to my posts, and Jason does occasionally start interesting discussions amid all the rubbish threads. Jason also happens to be a very nice guy who never stoops to the level of personal insult, and he might just be going through a difficult time in his life now. I'm still not not quite sure how posting about everything is therapeutic, however, especially when most of the posts are mispelled, ill-thought out, and devoid of much personal information.

On the other hand, nearly every post ends up as a conversation with Jason, and sometimes with Jason only since his omnipresence has undoubtably scared away many people who don't have the time to dispute their points all day and night long. This has kept me from perhaps starting new topics since I would like a fairly wide audience of opinions. Last I checked, on the first page of the B&G Jason started 37 topics, and the next highest was supercaffeinated at 9. Eugene might as well change the name of the forum to Jason's Pub or something similar.

I can only hope that this too will pass before too many more regulars are scared away. For what it's worth, I really feel Jason should get some sort of hobby. Nobody should be bored because they're out of work, especially someone as intelligent as Jason. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten carpal tunnel syndrome yet.

BTW, everyone here should consider themselves lucky that they don't live with a person who often never shuts up, as I must. He happens to be my father, and since New York real estate is expensive, I'm stuck with him and my mother for the time being. At least I can have an intelligent conversation with my mother. :) Most of my father's "conversations" consist of talking about the Yankees or repeating what he read in the newpaper, and he's way less intelligent than Jason. He doesn't spell any better, either.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tannin said:
RSI.

An overuse injury to the tendons in your fingers. (It made me laugh too.)
It's actually in the carpal area, not the fingers... It encompasses nerves, blood vessels, tendons, and ligaments. And it aches... :-?

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Oh, and to post on-topic... I'm sick of Jason's news posts... They are lame. Cut and paste and nothing else. :evil:

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I think this thread is in bad taste, I know I would be pissed if I read something like this about me.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
There are lots of other things that would be worse to read than this. And it is obviously a hot topic, judging by the number or responses. Starting a thread similar to this has occured to me several times in the past, CougTek just went a did it. Good for him.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Seems better now. Although the B&G seems to have died.

With his new helicopter training he doesn't have quite as much time to post on SR.

adriel

Learning Storage Performance
I'm guessing he is working for the news now, flying helicopters to spot traffic accidents? If he works for the news, I can't blame him for his enthusiasm in wanting to report the news.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
No he is just training to get his license still....go read his post on it. It's actually not that bad.

Handruin

Administrator
adriel said:
I'm guessing he is working for the news now, flying helicopters to spot traffic accidents? If he works for the news, I can't blame him for his enthusiasm in wanting to report the news.

:mrgrn:

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Q - Is there a way to shut up Jason for a while?

A - No. :eekers:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I try to avoid participating and sometimes even reading threads where Jason participates. Of course, that means that my choices at SR are very limited since he is everywhere.

And to top that, he dares to tell us that he has a life and that he has so many posts just because he types and read so much faster than us. Mooseshit! His flying lessons were supposed to free us from his insignificant presence for a while, but he only seems to post even more since then. Warnings from myself and from others (JamesW, did you sent him that e-mail?) were vain, he continues to clutter SR's forum as much as before if not more.

An open letter to Eugene explaining our unhappiness about the situation and signed by all those who are annoyed by Jason's omnipresence would perhaps be a good idea at that point.

His mother should have teached him that when he has nothing worthy to say, he should shut up. There would be at least 2950 less meanless posts on SR's forum like that.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It's hardly surprising he doesn't like the idea of a moderator.

The latest variation is him protesting his innocence in every second post. I wish he'd shut up. Those that believe in him don't need the reinforcement he seems determined to give, and those that don't are likely to think even less of him. Repentance? Moi?

Handruin

Administrator
All I have to say is this is not Jason's month. I doubt he is going to feel like a welcome member in their community any longer.

Platform

. .
Ewwww....!

I have not visited Storage Review since maybe March or so. The place seems thoroughly ghetto-ised.

. .

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Hasn't got the class it used to have, that's for sure. Nevertheless, it's my second-most visited web site still. I seem to go through phases with SR. Sometimes (like just now) I read and post there quite a lot. Other times I'll go a week or so and hardly visit.

Platform

. .
Tea said:
Hasn't got the class it used to have, that's for sure. Nevertheless, it's my second-most visited web site still. I seem to go through phases with SR. Sometimes (like just now) I read and post there quite a lot. Other times I'll go a week or so and hardly visit.

Well, I may go back for a peek at the SR discussion forum in maybe... oh... 6 months.

I recall visiting a couple of other discussion fora "out there" a couple of years ago -- one being Anand's (I believe it's called) and another that I can't recall the name of at the moment -- and becoming a bit queasy after 5 minutes of perusing through the uh, er, discussions going on there. I can't imagine people willing to devote such large blocks of time to frivolity and ostentatious behaviour, but then again who the hell am I other than a robot with a full schedule somewhere else besides the internet???

. .

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Tea said:

Thanks for the compliment!
<The Bartender hands out praise to all StorageForum members>

James

Storage is cool
I don't read the B&G at SR anymore - the S/N ratio is just too high. Jason has a lot to do with that, but it's not only him. Now that we have enough data to see how eg. The Giver operates (bait and switch the argument, demand unreasonable proof, taunt, drag the discussion into accusations of racism, etc.) there's a lot of people with whom it's just not worth engaging in conversation with. They may feel that they're challenging some sort of nebulous status quo or close-minded elite, but actually all they're doing is airing their own predjudices. (Of course, no one is immune from prejudice, but at least you can have a rational conversation.)

Coug, I did send the e-mail. Toned down considerably, but still I sent it. No response.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I tried to send Jason an e-mail and he says that he never got it. Maybe that is why he never replied?

I wish SR would turn on PMs it would make life easier.

How much bandwidth can PMs actually use? Doug, can you get bandwidth statistics on PMs?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
James said:
I don't read the B&G at SR anymore - the S/N ratio is just too high.

I know what you mean, although you might want to check it out from time to time just in case something of interest pops up. Jason's pirates thread had some very interesting side discussions, such as the one between him and Tannin about the American versus the European airline industries.

I've noticed this in other threads as well. Even though the subject may not be of interest to me, or there might be too many trolls, there are occasionally some interesting posts. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

You're right also that Jason is not the only PITA there, even though everyone is singling him out due to his omnipresence. Apparently his new job hasn't slowed him down any. :(