Learning wireless...Trendnet stuff sucks.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Avoid this brand at all cost for wireless devices. Both their routers and their PCI cards (I tried the 423) are flaky and unreliable. I had one on the shelf and I installed it in a customer's PC who wanted to link his machine to an SMC router (the 7004something). While the drivers included with the Trendnet card seemed alright, the device was only able to detect our two local access points once every three attempts and it was never able to connect to their respective networks. I'm sure the settings like the channel and the WPA keys were ok.

Quite pissed, I order my boss to go get an SMC PCI WiFi card instead. I throw the TrendNet to the nearest wall and then install the SMC as soon as it arrives. Smooth configuration software, trouble-less configuration and that PC detected and was able to login to both our local networks. The SMC cost us under five bucks more ; a no-brainer.

I had a similar experience with one of TrendNet's router last week. No more TrendNet in my work area.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Really? I've had great luck with them.
I use 611BRPs to replace the failed WRT54Gs I keep running into, or Netgear AP/routers with unsatisfactory range. The trendnet 802.11 products for me have been a happy medium of not breaking all the time and having decent wireless coverage.
I also have quite a few 24-port switches and several TEW-444 USB to 802.11g adaptors in service.
I carry a TEW-504 for my laptops as well.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Well, too bad you're not in Australia : we could have blame it on the hemisphere change.

For me, TrendNet is 0 for 2 while SMC has a perfect score so far. One of our routers is a Linksys WRT54G and it seems to work well.