Let's have a best of SF forum!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I wasn't kidding about that.

We've had some good threads in the Pub. We've had some good threads in Computers ("Types of Customers").

Rather than bury the good stuff, why not copy it to a forum so it's easy to find?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
So you would want these particular threads to be kept alive in a separate forum? Why not create a static page with links to those threads instead of creating a new forum?

Handruin

Administrator
If you want to add a "best of" section to the forum, we should ask the other members. I know some dislike having too many forum sections on one board.

In either case, I can setup the page ASAP once you guys establish the "best of" topics. This will of course be an ever-growing section, but for the time being we can keep a running list.

Would we need a way to kind "vote" on which are considered best of material?

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I like the idea of a 'best of' section, but I'd prefer the separate page of links vs. creating a whole new forum. Maybe it's poll time.

- Fushigi

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
(Stupid ape.)

I think it's a great idea. Links vs seperate section - I don't care. I'm in favour of it either way.

(Um .... But I don't think we should let just anyone in - only humans, dogs, cats and fish. Oh, and vampires, of course. Not to mention automobiles and dolphins.)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I would prefer to see them posted in a static way. Otherwise, people will revive them, often off-purpose and months later. Therefore, IMO, that would ruin the threads, or at least their ending.

Handruin

Administrator
Would the static page be a copy & paste effort? Because, if we make a static page and put the links of the "best of" pages, it's no better than having a separate forum section.

And Tea, your link made me smile, that was creative! :rnd:

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Handruin said:
Would the static page be a copy & paste effort? Because, if we make a static page and put the links of the "best of" pages, it's no better than having a separate forum section.
Not just the link to the threads, but the entire threads (and lock them). Anyway, that's just my view about it.