Liteon 40x12x48 CDRW $80 w/ Next Day Fedex FREE From Dell

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR WHAT?!

• YES IT ROCKS!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OMG CLOCK IS THE GREATEST THANKS CLOCKER!!

• THIS IS OLD NEWS CLOCKER YOU SUCK!!!

• Total voters

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I just got confirmation on my order!

Order the CDRW:

and

ADD THIS MEDIA TOO (Part Number 058051 if you want to use the Dell search instead)

Use these stackable coupons at Dell Home:
  • $10 off $100 stackable coupon with code: 37F6A0853A3 [exp 4/29]
  • 10% off any Software & Peripherals code: D34BCAC91D2A [exp 5/11]

By using the CDR Media to get you over $100 rather than the $0.05 case screw you can buy, ALL FORMS OF SHIPPING ARE LISTED AS FREE!

My media is to be delivered to me tomorrow as it was in stock. THe drive is said to ship out on Thursday but the Anandtech Forum guys are stating that they are getting their drives even before the system knows they have shipped out!!

Great deal on probably the best CDRW out there. Great opportunity to ge your dad a sweet CDRW and a fast WD1200JB at a discount too Handruin!!

Clocker

James

Storage is cool
How about another option for the poll :

"OMG I HATE IT WHEN U.S.-BASED PEOPLE GET SUCH AMAZING DEALS ON PC EQUIPMENT AND I'M LEFT PAYING ABOUT 4X AS MUCH."

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL. Sorry. THe real funny part about this whole thing is that I think Dell was having trouble with their online ordering system yesterday and today. Because of that, I tried ordering the drive multiple times from multiple Dell Home accounts. I think I will have a supply of 3-4 drives before this is over if I can't get the other orders cancelled in time. THe order confirmations just keep coming in now.....36 hours later! UGH!! :eek:

C

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Clocker, I'm sure you can recoup your money from the add'l drives pretty easily via eBay or selling to other SF members. Assuming you decide to sell, anyway.

I just ordered mine (thanks!) as I've been waiting for a good deal on this drive. I opted for the 30 spindle of 32x media vs. the single disk but still, after discounts that's only $90 delivered and there's a $6 rebate on that for the CD-RWs.

And for more Dell goodness, work let me spec a new laptop so I've got a Latitude on it's way with a P4M 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 40GB HD, and DVD/CD-RW combo. And the notebook screen that does 1600x1200 (why isn't this available for desktops?).

- Fushigi

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Dell is using P4m's right? I ran into a WinBook P4 today that had a desktop P4 in it. You couldn't keep it on your legs - it was too hot. The bottom of that thing had to be 160 degrees F. I can only hope that was from heat being dissipated away from CPU.

I hit techbargains and some other "bargains" sites a couple times a week. There's always great stuff out there. Like $579 Canon Powershot G2s.

Don't y'all in UK/AU have the same sorts of things somewhere?

Stereodude

Not really a
I squeezed a Dell branded WD1200jb out of Dell for $125 shipped with free shipping. Only complaint is the warranty is only 1 year through Dell, rather that the 3 years through WD.

Stereodude

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Pradeep said:
Fushigi said:
And the notebook screen that does 1600x1200 (why isn't this available for desktops?).

It is available. It's called the Dell 2000FP, it's a 20" 1600*1200 flat panel with s-video, composite, DVI and analog inputs. A sweeeet monitor.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.asp?customer_id=19&sku=320-4105

But not as a 15" display. That 20"er costs $1600; what's the price of the 15" version? I would think it'd be less than the 20"er and might be closer to affordable for a home user.

Mercutio - The G2 should be a great camera for you. I use the G1 and a 1GB microdrive and I love it.

- Fushigi

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
15" UXGA is a strain for many peoples eyes. There is no 15" version of the 2000FP. I would much rather have the 20" version. The 20" was available for just under $1300 yesterday when there was 20% off, Dell does this quite often so it's only a matter of waiting. Of course in Australia it is not available at all. :cry:

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yuk....I think I'll try to cancel my order. last time when I did that with the Barracuda ATA4, it magically came back in stock....

We have reviewed your order #XXXXX, and although we had anticipated
being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected
delay. We will not be able to ship your order until 5/9/02. We apologize
for this inconvenience, and are doing everything we can to get your order
out to you as quickly as possible.

As always, you may cancel your order at any time prior to shipment by
calling 1-800-624-9897 ext. 66966 and we will promptly process a refund for
your order. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and will ship out
your order as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Dell software And peripherals

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Crap. Order is cancelled. I just ordered again from Newegg. $98 shipped. oh well.....

C

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Clocker,

Forced by an impulse beyond my control I had to choose option number 3 in the poll above. Nothing personal, just too good an opportunity to pass up.

The Moderate One

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
That would be me me me.

wavesmilie2.gif

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Clocker,

I meant to tell you that I edited out the order number in your post above as you requested.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
flagreen said:
Clocker,

I meant to tell you that I edited out the order number in your post above as you requested.

Yeah Bill. I noticed that. Not quite what I was looking for but thanks, I think.... :eekers: