LITEON

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Has anyone used the LITEON 16x10x40x or 24x10x40x CD-RW products? What are your impressions?

Thanks for your comments.

BR

Corvair

Learning Storage Performance
Buck said:
Has anyone used the LITEON 16x10x40x or 24x10x40x CD-RW products? What are your impressions?

Yes, I have one at home in my "Internet Computer."

I bought it only because: As I went out to buy a generic CD-ROM reader that November evening of the year 2001, after receiving my new mobo and chassis, I spotted a LiteOn 16x ATAPI writer at BestBuy for a price I couldn't refuse, which was US$69.00 + 8.25% local salestax.

I wasn't actually looking for a writer, though the thought was present in me noggin to check out prices anyway. It made sense since I was going to be right next to the CD writers evaluating their various CD readers. The writer was only about US$15 more than "decent" CD readers, so...

So far, in its limited use as a writer, it has worked fine. As a reader, it has also worked fine. I have already confirmed that my older Yamaha 4416 (4x, SCSI) writer can do a better job performing DAE on poor-condition CD audio discs, though.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I think the Lite-On burners in these speed grades are limited to 16x when reading CD-RW. Also supposed to be a bit noisy. Maybe Gary can comment about the noise?

Corvair

Learning Storage Performance
CougTek said:
I think the Lite-On burners in these speed grades are limited to 16x when reading CD-RW. Also supposed to be a bit noisy. Maybe Gary can comment about the noise?
Nothing objectionable as far as noise goes. 16x reading of a CD-R/W would be "good 'nuf" in my book. Otherwise, it seem to read CD-ROM and CD-R at roughly 40x.