Lubuntu Graphics Glitches?

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
Some icons don't show up and sometimes my highlighted text shows up as a hard-to-see and ugly almost puke-green color.

I am running Lubuntu 13.10 on:
Intel Pentium 4 1.9 GHz, Williamette core, 4 x 100 MHz FSB
ASUS P4B mobo w/ Intel i845 chipset
1 GB SDR RAM
nVidia GeForce 2 MX 32 MB VRAM
WD800 Caviar HDD

I tried to check to see what driver it's running for my GFX, and it looks like it recognizes it okay... No other OSes have this issue. Sometimes the "Start Menu" will not close. Let's see if I can't find a way to get some screengrabs. Will post them later.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
First try the above installing the proprietary driver. If that doesn't work then change the screen theme to something more pleasing to your eye.

sedrosken

Florida Man
Website
sedrosken.xyz
I actually ended up using the nvidia-current package, using the terminal command "sudo apt-get install nvidia-current". I don't know how it worked, because I was sure nVidia had dropped support for the GeForce 2 MX.
I thought I had broke-ed-ed it at first because the bootup logo was text only, but it loaded up fine. My highlighting issues are gone. My icons all load. I have yet to see if I can still hang the system by abusing the start menu (I promise the first time I did it was an accident; thank god for the reset button...).