Mandrake 9.2 RC2 available on mirrors

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Well, not on all mirrors, but at least on those.

I haven't checked the changelog.

I hope they have improved their support for the nForce2 chipset because the last few betas and release candidates I've tried didn't allow me to access the Net, although the LAN integrated in the MCP was apparently detected by the OS. Taroon (Red Hat Enterprise beta release from June or July) also had no success with the MCP's LAN.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Hmmm...

First CD doesn't fit on regular size CD-RW medias. No way I'm gonna waste another CD-R (700MB capacity versus my 650MB CD-RW) for a beta OS that will be updated in some two weeks.

It's quite stupid from Mandrake since the last CD is only 52MB large. They should have distributed the software more equally accross all three CDs.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
i had the same problem.. slackware 9.0.. 1 CD... too big to fit on a 650MB CD-RW...

Too bad I have yet to find any decent 700MB RW media for a good price.. guess I'll just have to break down and get some more one of these days. Makes me wish I could find some 700MB verbatim RW media... locally I can't even find verbatim high speed media, it's all ultra speed... but that's another story.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
umm.. coug.. just looked at the iso's... all isos are within 1MB of eachother... atelast on the couple mirrors i checked out that had RC2 on them....

did you download the full files?

the files show up to me as:
CD1 666102KB
CD2 665548KB
CD3 665142KB

this is on several different mirrors in US and non....

maybe you should verify your downloads via md5...

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
I re-downloaded it and the third CD now occupies 649MB on my hard drive.

Hey Merc, the 649MB download only took me 31 minutes. :p