matrix revolutions

CraigLC

What is this storage?
Hey Doug! How goes it? Pretty crazy around our house these days. That movie looks action packed. Definitely a theater movie! I am looking forward to the Lord of the Rings more though!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
My highest hope for this film is that they abandon the miserable remains of a plot, kill Keanu in a horrible, painful way, have lots of gunplay and about a half-hour of Carrie-Anne Moss doing yoga in those leather pants she wears.

Return of the King on the other hand, will be cool beyond words.
I'm hoping to see the theatrical release of both the special editions (yes, they are doing this) in the days leading up to RotK.

CraigLC

What is this storage?
Merc, they are re-releasing the previous two with the Special edition cutting room floor stuff in for viewing in theaters? Cripes man! They were long films as it is! I imagine they would approach something close to three and a half hours with the extras?

Handruin

Administrator
Howdy Craig, how's things going in your neck of the woods? I'm excited to see how the matrix series completes even though Merc has much less enthusiasim. :)

Like you, I am more excited to see RTOTK. The movie is coming in December...not much time to squeeze in a director's cut of the other two?! Will it be some kind of limited showing?

I think Lucas used his as a way to fund the new movies. ;) ROTK is already filmed. Either way, I might go and see it if it is in my area.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
CraigLC said:
Merc, they are re-releasing the previous two with the Special edition cutting room floor stuff in for viewing in theaters? Cripes man! They were long films as it is! I imagine they would approach something close to three and a half hours with the extras?

Variety -- Friday said:
New Line Re-Releasing First Two Lord of the Rings Movies!

New Line Cinema will re-release The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, with additional scenes and footage added, just two weeks before the worldwide December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

The plan calls for putting the films on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets. Many other U.S. cities will have one cinema participating in the special extended edition screenings. Running times for the extended editions are 208 minutes for "Fellowship of the Ring" and 214 minutes for "The Two Towers."

Advanced ticket sales are scheduled to begin October 9th on exhibitor Web sites and movie ticketing sites like Fandango, MovieFone and Movietickets.com.

Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of "Fellowship of the Ring" will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada.

Then, the week of Dec. 12, "The Two Towers" will be released, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back. The screenings that day will include a 3 p.m. showing of "Fellowship" followed by a 7 p.m. screening of "Two Towers" and then an 11 p.m. screening of "Return of the King," which will carry over into Dec. 17 -- the day of its global release.

I imagine that at least one of those theaters will be somewhere near Chicago, so I'm planning 7 straight hours of assal horizontology prior to my screening of Return of the King.

Folks, if you haven't seen those movies, yes, they're that good.

As opposed to "The Matrix", which has only a pair of skin-tight leather-and-vinyl clad redeeming values.

CraigLC

What is this storage?
Things are pretty crazy Doug. Kaz's Mom has cancer and it may be terminal. :cry: Other then that I am out of a job at the end of October again when my contract runs out. My car situation is doing well though. got the 79 Trans Am running and just need to fix a brake line and do the body work. I also finally got my weapons display wall done...well mostly just have to install some tiles along the bottom. Its nice to see all the shiny metal finally on the wall!

As for the movies...My god man! Sadly I could see myself sitting on my butt to watch all three movies like that. I would probably have to go to NY to do it though so its not as appealling. I would rather buy the box set which no doubt will follow the ROTK release as soon as theater buy rates go down sometime in April. Then I could sit and watch them at home and pause it when nature calls after I have devoured the super big gulp from the 7-11 down the street. :mrgrn:

Handruin

Administrator
Ah man...that's sad to hear about Kaz's mom. :( Send my best to her, I hope her mom can pull through. To top it off your job situation doesn't sound good either. Any chance they will hire you again, or will you have to dust off the resume and start over?

Is the 79 TA the one you picked up for almost nothing? Takes some pics of it along with the weapons display when you think of it. :) I bet that's looking nice.

I can't sit for that long in a theater. I had to make a nature call during two towers. (when the old guy was talking) There is a theater near me that has leather seats and serves real food...one of these days I'm going to check it out.

CraigLC

What is this storage?
I'll try to snap some pics this weekend. fair warning... the body on the 79 is a little rough. I have the replacement body parts to use...just haven't gotten them on yet.

As for that theater...check it out and if its cool Kaz and I will join you guys next time we come up and visit! I always wanted to have two nice leather recliners set up to watch the TV... kind of like they do In "Friends" Of course you need to have air conditioning in the summer otherwise you might lose a layer of skin trying to peel yourself off after an hour or so!

Drakantus

What is this storage?
Matrix Revolutions looks good and all, but I can't believe how different the voice of the Oracle is. Couldn't they find someone with the same voice? An impersonator or something? It just wrecks the continuity of the series when such a major character is changed from one film to another.