Maxboost increase perf. by up to 67%

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
More details here.
What is MaxBoost?

MaxBoost is performance-boosting driver software for Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP that is designed to complement your Maxtor ATA or SATA hard drive. The MaxBoost driver intelligently caches data in the host system RAM before it is written to and read from the Maxtor disk drive, optimizing the effective storage speed of your system in a variety of applications.

What are the minimum system requirements to use MaxBoost?

* Maxtor or Quantum ATA or SATA hard drive (RAID not supported)
* Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP operating system
* Intel or AMD processor, 700 MHz or higher (Dual processors not supported. Hyper-Threading must be disabled.)
* 256 MB RAM or higher
Might worth investigating. Seems like a kind of RAMdrive to me.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
it's just a disk cache ... claiming to be smarter than the built in MS windows disk cache. Increases speed at the expense of a decrease in reliability.

FWIW, you can simply increase the size of the windows I/O cache via the registry and would probably recieve the same benefits.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Tea: THAT'S NOT NICE. :excl: :eekers:

Your mom needs to train you better.

However, I agree...

s

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
sorry greg i think i pick this stuff up frm tannin - who, as you know, is famous for heaping piles of derision on pr departments in general and the even more than normally oxymoronic quaxtor one in particular. he really is notorious for it.

(which is one of the things i like about tannin, come to think of it. refreshingly low bullshit quota.)

(for a human, anyway.)