Menace from below (Genome@home Project)

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Hi,

Some of you might have notice it, but I'll say it anyway : we have taken the lead again over Team Pfeffer. And this time, it should be for good, unless we lose other soldiers in the battle (StorageForum.net seems to be our latest loss :().

However, browsing Statsman's team progession list showed me another, more serious threat for us : team Gamma. This team has 21 of his original 24 active users, has 10632 total units done, but it has achieved 6640.3 units this week. That's almost two thousand more than us! Their progression show that they should reach us by mid-July, so have to increase our pace by then.

I saw another possible threat : team Linux Nantes. They have 12 active users and a total amount of units of only 8506, but they have done almost as many units as us during the last week. If they improve just a little bit in the near future, it could mean more competition for us again.

Looking at our future targets, there are only 30 teams crunching more units/week than us among the ones that are ahead of us (We are currently ranked 138 at the moment this message is writen). Add another 2 teams that are very close to our pace (4600 and 4700 units/week). The only team behind us crunching more units/week than us is Gamma, but we have 10000 units advance over them so they aren't an immediate threat.

This means, gentlemen, that we should be one of the top performing teams pretty soon. At the end of Summer (September), we should be among the top 50. I'm proud of you, soldiers.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Not meant to burst your bubble Coug, but the Bartender's crunch rate won't last forever. He's using some of the computers I've assembled for customers. Once they're payed for and picked up, things will slow down a bit.

We do, however, appreciate your updates and taking the lead with this project. I just wish that we had more full-time participants.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Oops, didn't see this post before I posted in the G@H thread. Thanks for the update Cougtek!!

Advertisement->
Wake up people, put those stupid computers to work! Do something useful with them, start crunching for Storageforum!!! Be part fo "the best"!! Do your duty as a member of SF! (best what.....? ;) )
End of ad(and half joke).