Merc's Useful Tools of the day

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Does AI also explain why Amazon's search engine is so awful? It used to be when I looked for something, only results for exactly what the search terms were would come in. Now I get mostly unrelated results.

It's been that way with Google for a while also. I don't care what AI might think I'm actually searching for, especially when it prioritizes hits which try to sell me stuff.

I also hate the "featured" results where people pay to have their products show up at the top of search results. Search results should be sorted by relevance, not by who's paying the most money.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Everyone should be blocking advertising at all times and on all devices. I don't think this is a controversial thought.

Amazon does seem to have an issue with prioritizing certain products, but I can't tell if that's because of ads or favoring its own products over those of others.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Searching on Amazon is terrible. I think mostly the sellers put in various BS terms so their goods rise to the top. When you search by ratings, some items suddenly disappear for no good reaason.

AI search is terrible since it treats you like a child. When I'm looking for a particular product or component, I don't need a lesson or adverts for vaguely similar products.