Mercutio's Term as a moderator is at an end

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Well, since JamesW isn't here to do anything about it, I thought I'd remind everyone that my time-limited term as a moderator has ended. This means that it's time for me to turn in my gun and badge.

Nominations?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Is there a list somewhere of the present administrators and moderators?
I can't remember who is what, sorry! :oops:

Just so I don't nominate someone who already is something else.

If there is no consensus about your follower, would you continue?

Mercutio

The current mods are Howell/Cliptin and Jake the Dog. Santilli and P5_133XL also have access to moderator-type discussions.

By the rules that are currently in place, I cannot continue as a mod.

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
actually I meant to add Buck and time to the my list of nominees but somehow didn't.

so far the nominees are (in Alphabetical order):

blakerwry
Buck
Cougtek
Pradeep
Santilli
The JoJo
time

Merc, in James absence, I beleive you should continue until another mod is placed.

Mercutio

Terms are 18 months. Mine in effect started in March of 2002 and ended at the end of August. At present there is one mod in the US and one in Oz, so time shouldn't be much of a consideration.

James hasn't been by in quite some time. Standard practice will be to have a poll.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Well, you have the candidates list, just need to create the poll. Who's James backup when he's on another plane of existence?

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
righto, I'll set up a poll in 24 hours, this will allow for any last minute nominations. so far Santilli, Coug, flagreen and myself are the only ones that have put forward our nominations. does anyone else have anybody they'd like to nominate?

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
At the last nomination period, time asked to be removed from consideration. His wishes might still be the same.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Mercutio, could you please give me a short breafing about the duties and rights about being a moderator here?

As for the nomination, I'm honoured and accept the nomination.

Mercutio

The JoJo said:
Mercutio, could you please give me a short breafing about the duties and rights about being a moderator here?

Well, after the ether binging and all the mescaline, we usually go looking for hookers. Once we're good and drunk, we fight over whose turn it is to give The Giver a bath. We pal around with our celebrity hangers-on and the hookers, snort record cleaner, make threatening, vaguely-coherent phone calls to Bea Arthur, and set things on fire. Sometimes, there are bats.

Actually, there are rules for moderation. You get access to a couple of interesting new buttons (IP and Edit). You make a moderation, you post the original for the other mods to see + a link to the new version. You occasionally warn people when they start to get out of line. You fix Greg Santilli's typos and the occasional requested change. All that, and the mescaline.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
"Well, after the ether binging and all the mescaline, we usually go looking for hookers. Once we're good and drunk, we fight over whose turn it is to give The Giver a bath. We pal around with our celebrity hangers-on and the hookers, snort record cleaner, make threatening, vaguely-coherent phone calls to Bea Arthur, and set things on fire. Sometimes, there are bats."

I'm glad I accepted the nomination!
Sems like something worth trying for. ;)

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Let's get on with it! Or I will just vote right here! :roll:

The Giver

Learning Storage Performance
Mercutio said:
Well, after the ether binging and all the mescaline, we usually go looking for hookers. Once we're good and drunk, we fight over whose turn it is to give The Giver a bath. We pal around with our celebrity hangers-on and the hookers, snort record cleaner, make threatening, vaguely-coherent phone calls to Bea Arthur, and set things on fire. Sometimes, there are bats.

You left out watching The Giver roll in the grass part immediately after the bath.

CougTek

Serial computer killer
Let's say I decline. I already have the front page admin to do and right now that's enough. Anyway, it's not like if there weren't enough quality candidates already. I'll make the poll simpler by removing one entry.

One last thing. It must be obvious, but I feel that candidates shouldn't vote in this poll. Either for themselves or for others. No need to play with members' rights, self-moderation would suffice.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I'm happy to vote for any of the fine people mentioned above. But I want to slip in my nomination (second - whatever) for Blakewry, cause he's a new boy around here and fresh blood is a darn good thing

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
See what I mean? You are too old, too slow. We need youth and vitality and optimisim around here. Blakewry is da man.

Look Tannin, why don't you just go to bed and I'll bring you a nice glass of warm milk. OK?

CougTek

Serial computer killer
While fresh blood would have more impact, IMO, among the admins than within the moderation group (where they cannot change anything to the site's working order), integrating new members (or simply not rotten-old founders) into groups with more responsabilities is good to enhance the bound between the generations of our community.

(Wow, I'm starting to believe that I could put Clinton to shame with my orator skills)

And next time, please remember me to nominate Groltz. I always forget him. He's probably the most background guy around here. Adds something worthwhile, but never get noticed.

Also,
Someday he'll govern California said:
no wonder I got so many votes, i aparently have imaginary people on my team.
Puppets' handlers aren't authorize to vote more than once. Your votes came from different beings, not different persona. I trust the multi-nicks members to respect that unofficial but moral rule.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
CougTek said:
Puppets' handlers aren't authorize to vote more than once. Your votes came from different beings, not different persona. I trust the multi-nicks members to respect that unofficial but moral rule.

Indeed. However, employees of the StorageForum are not eligible to play, which would eliminate the Bartender, the OT:polizei, Tea (honorary barback), DB (official taste tester), Splash (dishwasher), Giant (deliveries), and Ekaf ami (janitor). Also, CNN is a subsidiary of StorageForum so our broadcasting duo is not eligible.