Microstar MS-8861 (GF4 MX440) too cheap to be true.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Hi,

I decided to browse the price list of a retailer I rarely buy from (because its prices are usually too high to my taste) today since I had time to kill. I stumbled on a bargain that seems too good to be true. They sell that card for only 106$CDN (about 68U$). Most GeFarce 4 MX440 cost 160$CDN and above, so I prefer to sell ATI Radeon 7500 instead because they cost 139$CDN here. But a GeFarce 4 MX440 at 106$CDN is a steal, even better than the power/price ratio of the ATI Radeaon 7500.

Anyone has experience with the MS-8861? What's the trick Microstar has done to lower the price that much compared to other GeFarce 4 MX440? There must be a big hidden flaw somewhere? Or is it just the retailer who is all fucked up with its price? I know Tony sells Microstar graphic cards. Your opinion would be appreciated. As well as the one of anyone who would have experience with the card I'm talking about.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
That is cheap. I can't get the 8861 or the 8860 for that price from my distibutor. Lately I"ve been selling the MS PRO2-32S and have had good success. I would not hesitate to go with the 8861.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
CougTek said:
There must be a big hidden flaw somewhere?
Yeah, there is no GPU onboard, brain...
Or is it just the retailer who is all fucked up with its price?
Who cares, CouchTest? Buy the stuff before your retailer updates the prices...