Mini-ITX motherboard of my dreams.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe

You can mount a Thermalright Archon on it AND IT FITS! So now you can overclock the Hell out of a processor on a mini-ITX motherboard. That's awesome! Now I just need to find a proper smallish case to let me do that...

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe

You can mount a Thermalright Archon on it AND IT FITS! So now you can overclock the Hell out of a processor on a mini-ITX motherboard. That's awesome! Now I just need to find a proper smallish case to let me do that...

How well does the board handle the higher voltages and currents of overclocking? Are there plenty of cases that big honking cooler will fit in that wouldn't take a µATX board?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
There's an 8-phase voltage regulation design on the add-on module, so overclocking stability should be facilitated by this. All the small chassis I've found wouldn't be able to house a cooler as big as the Thermaltight Archon. It should be possible though, to use the Noctua NH-C14 with only the bottom fan inside a Silverstone SG08. Other than that, we jump to µATX enclosures like the Silvertsone TJ-08E and PS07 and FT03. None of them would be able to fit the 170mm-tall Archon either. I have three Thermalright TY-140 fans here that I bought planning to put on some CPU heatsinks. I haven't used any of them so far. Too bad because they are the very best fans money can buy.

Last edited:

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Given the way you treat chassis, perhaps you could just mount the board on some reinforced concrete instead. :)