Monitoring PC usage

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Hey Gang,
My parents business is adding a computer in the office, and they want to be able to 1)see what websites the employee is going to, and 2)how much time he's spending. They were thinking about something like NetNanny, although I cringe at the implication of using child protection software for a business. They don't care what he looks at as long as it's not sucking up all his time. It looks like the commercial products out there are either 1)designed to protect kids and would be insulting to use in a business environment, or 2)designed with a client-server model in mind, which won't work as there's only one computer in the office. There's no need for this to be too secure, as the employee is definitely not tech saavy. It also has to work with both IE and Firefox, as my parents (bless their hearts) prefer Firefox but they will need to use IE for some stupid websites. Do you guys know of any programs/utilities to do this? I would prefer free but commercial is certainly not out of consideration. It sounds like a simple thing but I'm having a hard time coming up with any real solutions.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Adcadet

ddrueding

Fixture
I like monitoring usage at the gateway, it makes things cleaner. Of course, this won't save you if he is playing Solitare or other non-internet stuff. Smoothwall has an easy to add plugin for DansGuardian and some other reporting capabilities. Probably not the solution you want, just an idea.