Mozilla 1.1 final and Netscape 7 released

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
No idea how new this is, but I noticed that both Gecko-based browsers have been updated this evening. As I don't visit Mozilla's web site daly, this might be old news.

I installed Moz 1.1 and didn't notice any major difference when using it. It might be a bit snappier than before though. Oh yes, one thing : you can now move links a lot more easily within your bookmarks. Just drag and drop :D My only main problem under Mozilla (NCIX) is still there. I have to refresh the page for it to be render correctly, something that doesn't happen under either Opera 6.05 or IE6. But this is so far the only page I have problem with, unlike Opera for which rendering problems are more frequent (bank's web site I visit among those).

I haven't tried Netscape 7 yet, but I plan to. There are a few differences between them and although I will for sure keep Mozilla 1.1 as my main browser, I always try what AOL makes above the Gecko engine simply out of curiosity.

Mozilla 1.1 release notes and download link

Netscape 7 download link

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Refresh your browser Tony. It is now 7.0, but your browser probably shows you what's in your cache.

I installed Netscape 7 and it feels bloater than the bare Mozilla. Browsing is a bit slower on Netscape than on Moz, probably because the former is based on Moz 1.01 instead of the new and improved 1.1 released.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I should have used a smilie, I guess. I mean, somehow, those amazingly good programmers at Netscape/AOL managed to take a dot release of the base code (Mozilla) and turn it into a full version number higher (Moz 1.0 is upgraded to 1.1, but Netscape 6.0 (which was actually 5.0 if we want to tell the truth around here) becomes 7.0). And now you tell me that it's based on Moz 1.01. So I'll recast my original statement a bit more accurately:

Shouldn't that be 6.01?