Mozilla 1.2 final is out.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Yep, it is.

I've used it for the last ten minutes and so far, I haven't notice much difference between it and the previous (1.1) version.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Yup. Been using it since 10:00 this morning. The mail client is a bit better. It doesn't overlap the windows taskbar all the time now.

The Grammar Police

Learning Storage Performance
Thaks for the tip, gentlemen. I can't recall the issues now, but the 1.2 Alpha solved several minor problems for me (on both the OS/2 and the Windows versions) and is working very well. Does anyone know why they say you need to fresh install it every time instead of going over the top? That is a pain to have to re-do all your settings, reteach it passwords, and stumble around looking for the obscure place they hide the bookmarks file these days. Should I bother? Or just go over the top and hope for the best? (Or maybe just keep on running the Alpha.)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Going over the top sometimes causes problems with things like XUL (which makes textboxes and other form items in Moz) and with themes. You can end up with something quite unusable if you don't uninstall first.
You shouldn't lose anything when you uninstall. Your mozilla profile doesn't get touched by the uninstall process.

Also, I highly recommend setting your profile location to something besides the default (buried) one. I keep mine on a file server at home and at the top of "Documents and Settings\username" everywhere else.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The Grammar Police said:
and stumble around looking for the obscure place they hide the bookmarks file these days
Usually, on Win2K :

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\profilename\kjsdfskdg\ (or something like this)

In this folder, you'll find the prefs file and the bookmarks.

I keep a copy of my bookmarks in the C:\My Documents\

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
while this post is fresh... hehe.... does anyone know why I can't start more than one instance of mozilla at a time on mandrake 9.0? I used to be able to with the default mozilla... but now(since upgrading to 1.2a, b, and final) I get a pop-up asking me to select a profile, and if I select my profile again it tells me it's in use...

I have just gotten used to hitting ctrl-N to make a new window or just using the tabbed browsing interface.

However, I would like to get this resolved. Anybody have a suggestion?
(I installed to /usr/local/mozilla which is the default folder according to mozilla.org... this happens when logged in as any user including root)

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
The profiles are stored in the users directory (example: /home/blake.mozilla or /root/.mozilla) The user of course has full read/write ability to this folder

The usr/local/mozilla folder, along with all /usr/local stuff is read only to users and read/write to root.

SteveC

Storage is cool
1.2 has been recalled because of a bug with DHTML support on some pages. 1.2.1 is supposed to be release shortly.