Music

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Do you mean the $8/mo. Amazon? I have the Amazonian Primes.

LunarMist

I have an iPod loaded with music in my Audi that I listen to. I've been listening to the radio in my Chevy since it lacks any sort of advanced connectivity. I suppose I could put my nice Alpine headunit with time alignment back in the car though which would give me an Auxiliary input as well as MP3 CD playback capability. I'll have to find it though.

I had no idea that ipods had the BT in that era. Mostly I drive Fords, Nissans, Toyotas, Chevys, etc. depending on the rental company. I can't get a large car or SUV unless there are at least 3 people, but I would not be music then.

Stereodude

Not really a
I had no idea that ipods had the BT in that era.
They didn't. The Audi has a proprietary connector in the glove box for which Audi made various adapter cables. The car came with one for connecting Apple devices with the 30 pin connector. That allows the radio to control the iPod and display all the song information on the car's LCD. My Audi also has Bluetooth streaming audio support, but I've never used it. I've only used the hands free BT audio profile for the phone.

Mostly I drive Fords, Nissans, Toyotas, Chevys, etc. depending on the rental company. I can't get a large car or SUV unless there are at least 3 people, but I would not be music then.
Most new cars support Bluetooth streaming and/or have USB ports. You could carry a USB stick with music loaded on it, and/or have music loaded on your phone for playback over Bluetooth to the car.

ddrueding

Fixture
Tonight's awesome discovery. Explore the channel if you like, seriously talented.

[video=youtube_share;P_Npd2FyyLI]https://youtu.be/P_Npd2FyyLI[/video]

Stereodude

Not really a
What new music or new to you music are you guys listening to these days? I spun Lindsey Stirling's album Shatter Me the other day and found it rather enjoyable. I also recently picked up a few Gareth Emery albums and a couple of Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep albums also.

I'm looking forward to checking out Les Friction's second album, Dark Matter that was released late last year. Their first album was good, as were the earlier E.S. Posthumus albums.

On a related note, I was disappointed to find out that the Geiss plugin for Winamp runs badly under Windows 8.1 (run with Foobar2k using shpeck). It worked nicely under Windows 7.

LunarMist

What new music or new to you music are you guys listening to these days? I spun Lindsey Stirling's album Shatter Me the other day and found it rather enjoyable. I also recently picked up a few Gareth Emery albums and a couple of Anjunabeats and Anjunadeep albums also.

I'm looking forward to checking out Les Friction's second album, Dark Matter that was released late last year. Their first album was good, as were the earlier E.S. Posthumus albums.

On a related note, I was disappointed to find out that the Geiss plugin for Winamp runs badly under Windows 8.1 (run with Foobar2k using shpeck). It worked nicely under Windows 7.

I've somewhat lost interest. My ears are not what they used to be. :(

Stereodude

Not really a
Over 8K it is a little low and by 12K it is shit.
So you'll miss about 1 octave of little sparkle and sheen on the very top end. I wouldn't expect that to be so bad that you'd want to stop listening to music, but I'm not in your position.

LunarMist

I'm not doing well with ageing. It's about half physical and half mental.
I boosted everything starting 6K 3dB up to 5dB at the higher frequencies.

forstory

What is this storage?
Personally, my music tastes has shifted drastically throughout the years, first taking to pop as a kid, then moving on into metal and rock as a teen, lightly touching into the EDM area upon hitting the 18-20 years, and now settling back in with the old school stuff like ACDC, Guns & Roses, and Motley Crue, with the occasional jazz and mainstream music every now and then.

ddrueding

Fixture
Hi all, been a while since I've been around. Too much happening professionally, and not really at a breaking point yet, but this has been bugging me for a while.

There are colliding time signatures in this, right? Or is it simpler than my brain is trying to make it?