My burner's bezel is broken because of OpenOffice :(

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Why does OpenOffice always has so much difficulties to read/modify documents made with its previous versions? I installed 1.02 on my main computer after I cleaned up and re-installed Win2K and it generates errors almost on every damn document I try to open that was made with OO 1.01. It's infuriating.

Too bad we can't physically beat softwares. My enclosure's face plate (actually, the LG burner happened to be the unlucky one that was located where my hammer randomly arrived) suffered the beating at its place. Fortunately, it seems to still be working. My stuff is good.

Am I the only one experiencing fuck ups with OpenOffice?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
WordPerfect 2000 for Linux behaves just like the Windows version, far as I can tell.

I don't know if it's still available for download, unfortunately.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Let me get this straight, you actually hit the front of your computer with a hammer? Coug, you are crazier than we all thought.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Almost certainly because they are trying to achieve compatbility with a secret, proprietary product's format. Proprietary secret file formats cause an enormous amount of economic damage.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
timwhit said:
Let me get this straight, you actually hit the front of your computer with a hammer?
Don't believe me? I happened to have taken a picture of my main box last week (I even sent it to Merc). And since I still have the camera I borrowed to take that picture, I shot my main rig after the "mod"

BEFORE

old_bezel.jpg

AFTER

new_bezel.jpg

The hammer only slipped on the front panel (hit the side, but since it's curved on the Antec, it didn't hit cleanly), so that's why there isn't too much damage.

You can also see my Linux Test Box if you want to. My SCSI rig (the one on the left) is the box that has suffered the least from my temper.

That doesn't solve my issue about OpenOffice though. Maybe it's Java that is doing free games again. I used 1.3.1 with OO 1.01 and now I'm using 1.4.1_02 with OO 1.02.

I've visited Corel's website and their Office suite isn't freely available for download.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
that poor LG 8160B.... the first burner to burn 99 minute discs....

luckilly LG's burners still use the same LED and button placement... get any LG model burner and it's face plate will fit... (you may have to goto a single button design)

I put the face plate of my GCC-4320B 16xDVD/32x10x40 combo drive on my 8160b and vise versa... this was just because i didnt feel like painting the combo drive to match my case (i had already painted the 8160 face)

*(LG's DVD-ROM and CD-ROM drives still have the same front design that they had in the late 90's w/ their goldstar brand drives.)

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
you're crazy, Merc...

that said, I did boot my Celeron 333 when I was running Win98 first edition and faulty memory... not much damage though as I kicked the bottom of the case.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
*I'M* crazy?

None of my PCs have bootprints (not much of a feat since I'm pretty sure I don't own any boots) on them, and Wordperfect certainly does work well under Linux.