My word, SR has been down for a long time

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mark, an hour ago the main SR pages were down too. Now only the discussion forums as you said.

Ekaf-Ami

What is this storage?
If you please Ms Tea, what is new handles going to be? Having been humbly watching very large numbers of most excellent posts being made by pair of Tannin and Tea over last short while, is possible new handles be "Jason" and "Davis"?

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Ekaf-Ami said:
If you please Ms Tea, what is new handles going to be? Having been humbly watching very large numbers of most excellent posts being made by pair of Tannin and Tea over last short while, is possible new handles be "Jason" and "Davis"?

You mean the "Mr. many names Jaseon Hegal", as you referred to him once?

P.S. WTF is going on with SR? I just got an "access forbidden" when I tried to go to the forums. It also seems pretty dead here, outside of Tannin and Tea. Maybe everyone else is watching all the excessive 9/11 coverage. That's what I've been doing most of the day, anyway.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
No chance of that for us, of course. Generally speaking, we don't watch TV. In fact, one of the reasons Tannin is such a reclusive character and prefers electronic friendships such as this one (and chatting to imaginary people like me) to visiting flesh-and-blood people, is that he can't abide a room with a TV set left on, just running. Either you are watching it with your full attention (and few indeed are the TV shows that can hold Tannin's complete attention for more than 90 seconds), or you turn the damn thing off so that you can do something else, such as read a book or hold a conversation. The number of households which have the UHF brain-scrambler switched on permanetly, and which are in consequence inhabited by certifiable morons 98 times out of the hundred, is quite tragic. Radio, even talk radio, you can tune in or out, or multi-task (just as I am listening to the excellent ABC current affairs program PM right now, and taking most of the content in, while I am doing this post with, one trusts, no more than the usual deplorable number of typos), but TV, with its evil combination of flickering images and sound as well, attracts the eye and destroys the brain as a useful thinking device.

As for us not watching the September 11th things, not even once, see Tannin's other post somewhere or other. All the threads seem to be off-topic right now. Can't find anything. :(

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
I have an unusual ability to be able to either listen to or tune out TV while I'm doing something else. Sometimes I can listen and imagine what the pictures look like without actually seeing them. Generally, this is pretty much the only way I watch TV(while I'm doing something else), since programs that hold my full attention are exceedingly rare. Channel surfing is another method-30 seconds of this, 10 of that, 15 of that. Since most of the types of programs I tend to watch require more listening than seeing anyhow, my methods work well for me. The one thing that is damned annoying is that they only always make the commercials twice as loud as the program, which is why I've more or less given up with the regular networks(here they are called ABC(strange coincidence), NBC, CBS, Fox, and WB).

Now if they could only make some programs that can actually hold my attention for an entire hour...

BTW, I've never understood why some people insist on leaving the idiot box on while they're trying to talk to their guests. If that isn't the height of rudeness(and downright distracting), I don't know what is.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Ways to treat your guests, in order of rudeness (last is worst)

5: Fart at the dinner table

4: Insist that they view your entire collection of happy snaps from the office Christmas party.

3: Smoke (if they don't smoke)

2: Fail to suitably restrain your dog/parrot/alligator/child

1: Fail to switch off the TV

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Unless of course your friends have come over for a 5 day binge drinking session whilst watching a Test. In which case, the bigger the TV the better.