New Shuttle "shoe box" computers will feature AGP

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
The news comes from an article about Computex 2002 at Anandtech. They even have a picture of the inside of the Shuttle XPC :

Shuttle_AGP_big.jpg

I hope Shuttle will consider to make a shoe-box Athlon-based system too (P4 are poor anything@home crunchers), as it could be a great solution for people needing a lot of computers and with space constraint. It should also be cheaper than rackmount systems, although unlike 2U enclosures, dual-CPU systems would be possible.

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Is it me or is that passivley cooled? :eek:

P4 northwoods make great Seti crunchers...

Corvair

Learning Storage Performance
Hmmm... Glue that lil' mobo to the backside of a 17-inch LCD with a 20 GB 2.5" notebook hard drive, and yo, a nice lil' spacesaver computer.

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
Of course, you could nail to a wall and call it a desktop saver systems!

NRG = mc²

Storage is cool
Dr. Willy said:
Rocco Siffredi said:
P4 northwoods make great Seti crunchers...
I was wondering, Herr Professor Siffredi, are P4s better than Athlon XPs regarding SETI crunching?

Haben Sie proof (benchmarks)?

Hmmm, I'm professor now? OK..

Well, I did have for a short time, a P4 1.8@2.5 and it was around 15 minutes per unit faster than my Athlon XP1800 at 1667 (1533@1667).

Obviously clock for clock the XP was faster, but at the time, XP1800 and NW1800 were approximately the same price ($10 less for the XP which ends up more expensive when you factor in a good heatsink like the 8045.)