NEW WINXP INSTALL CRASHED

NickWild

What is this storage?
MSI KT3 ULTRA-ARU Motherboard Specs BUNDLE W/ COOLING FAN & (AMD ATHLON XP 2100+; MWAVE 512MB NON-ECC PC2700(333MHz

WD 80GB 800JB EIDE ULTRA-ATA/66-100 8.9MS 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER (Bare drive)

Turtle beach santa cruz sound card
Winxp os

Just built was running fine started to get blue screens that said it was dumping memory

Finally got a blue screen that said

STOP: C0000218 {REGISTRY FILE FAILER}
THE REGISTRY CANNOT LOAD HIVE
(file):\systemroot\system32\config\software or
its log or alternate

it is corrupt,absent or not writable

beginning dump of physical memory

now it wont even boot in safe mode......it just keeps booting to that message above

any ideas?

Thanx

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Check that your cpu cooler and fan is properly seated. Install the latest bios, load bios defaults, check that the cpu temp is ok in the bios. Don't OC.

Re-install... ;)

NickWild

What is this storage?
The JoJo said:
Check that your cpu cooler and fan is properly seated. Install the latest bios, load bios defaults, check that the cpu temp is ok in the bios. Don't OC.

Re-install... ;)

reinstall?...lol ......jee u made that sound effortless

no really I can save what i allready installed?...this is a permanant crash?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Have you tried the recovery process (it's on the bootable WinXP install CD)?

Do you have an ERD to use in the Recovery process? The ERD includes some parts of your registry. If you make an ERD on a piece of non-floppy-disk media, it includes the entire registry.

If it's a new installation (and it probably is, since you have an XP2100+), just start over and be thankful you didn't lose much.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
NickWild said:
The JoJo said:

Re-install... ;)

reinstall?...lol ......jee u made that sound effortless

no really I can save what i allready installed?...this is a permanant crash?

Effortless, no :). The best course of action, in my opinion, probably. As Mercutio said, try the recover,and if that doesn't help reinstall.

How's your cpu temperature, and do you have the latest bios? How about the latest drivers for your system?

Nvidia card? Did you installed the latest Nvidia driver from nvidia? Not the windows update one, that bsod'ed my XP once.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Pull everything that isn't needed to boot. So you will just have motherboard, CPU, memory, video, and hard drive. If it boots then put each device in one at a time and see which device is causing the problem.