[NEWS] - 2.5” Hard Disk Drives Roundup

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
By X-bit Laboratories :
Today we are going to test 6 hard disk drives of 2.5” form-factor from Seagate, Fujitsu, Hitachi and Toshiba, which can not only be used in notebooks, but are also becoming very popular as mobile storage devices and miniature desktop solutions.
At last! The results are interesting. I haven't compared their benchmarks to those of two-years old desktop drives, but it looks like modern 2.5" would be usable for low-end desktop systems. Having a comparative review of many current models helps to have a better idea of this market too.

News source

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
It's unfortunate that they did not test most of the newer notebook drives, such as the 7k60, 5k80, MHT2080AT, MK8025GAS, etc. 20 GB/platter is history, as 30 GB/platter should be, at least for 4200 RPM drives. Who wants to make a buying decision between some EOL or nearly EOL drives?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
WOW :excl: :excl:
I denied about 10 cookies on this post. I think that's a record. going to read the article NOW...

s

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
I like results where Seagate wins. They have always been good to me, and every drive I've bought, except for the Quantum LM, has been a Seagate cheetah.

My laptop needs a new drive, and now, I know what to buy, if, it will fit...
gs