[NEWS] - DirectX 9.0a released

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Microsoft has put DirectX 9.0a on their web site. Many questioned the maturity of the first 9.0 version of DirectX, telling that it wasn't even at beta level. DirectX 9.0a is supposed to contain many bug fixes.

Perhaps this should have been the true 9.0 afterall?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Apparently yes :-(

I have the installer here. It is fairly small and I might put it online if I receive the permmission from my almighty webmaster. IIRC, the installer is only 10K. Tomorrow evening maybe.

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
Seems that there is only the web installer now, no redist.

Jan

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Almighty Web master granted me the right to put the installation file online.

Get it here and be forever grateful to the almighty Web master.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Ok, don't download this. For a reason I ignore, the file I've put online doesn't work as the file on my hard drive. "put dx90a.exe", in FTP from the directory where the file is, should work, no?

Sorry for the temporary technical problem.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
It seems the original was removed for a glich with some ATI drivers. The new-new version is available now.

But where Can I download the entire file for installation later?

Bozo :D

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
So how is 9.0a? It's on Windows Update and I was wondering if it's OK to install. Any benefits or drawbacks?

Ditto for Media Player 9.

MS Security patches, etc. I get pretty much automatically. But lately I've less trust in their 'enhancement' downloads.

The PCs I'd load it on use various GeForce series GPUs.

- Fushigi

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
So far so good, but I have only played once a game of Serious Sam since I installed it.

I haven't installed any version of Media Player since 6.4 I think. But now every time (well, only twice in the last month, from forum links) I try to see an online video, I'm asked to download WMP 9 or it won't load. Eventually, I will update, but I don't trust WMP much.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
you can get the wmp 8, and 9 codecs from microsoft.com... they should work fine in any media player that supports the use of avi codecs...

personally, I use bsplayer the most. I used to use Sasami 2k (aka sasami 2000) but it has fallen out of production and hasn't been updated in years.