NEWS: Maxtor Showing SAS and MaxLine III SATA Drives

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance
  • LSI Logic will demonstrate a 12-drive RAID using 3.5-inch 10,000 and 15,000RPM Maxtor Atlas SAS drives. The demonstration features the LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 300-8E, 8-port PCI Express SAS RAID adapter utilizing the LSISAS1068 controller IC. It will be connected to a 12-drive SAS enclosure with the LSISASx12 SAS expander, housing the Maxtor SAS drives...

Promise Technology will feature Maxtor MaXLine III SATA drives in the Promise VTrak M300i RAID storage system, demonstrating a cost-effective, high-density solution. Promise will also demonstrate 3.5-inch Atlas 10K V SAS drives as part of an emerging storage technology demonstration...

Full press release at:

http://www.shareholder.com/maxtor/R...D=159942&reltype=Product&maxtor_section=press

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Christ it would be nice if I could buy a 300-8E. Get a grip LSI!

Explorer, are you evacuating your abode in light of the cat 5 coming towards you?

Explorer

Learning Storage Performance
Pradeep said:
Christ it would be nice if I could buy a 300-8E. Get a grip LSI!

If Bill Gates' son turns out to be a game fanatic, he might have one. Otherwise, "commercial/industrial grade" is the keyword here.

Explorer, are you evacuating your abode in light of the cat 5 coming towards you?

Using the local vernacular: Nope.