News on SF front page - anyone reading?

How often do you visit StorageForum's "portal" front page to have a lookie at the news?

• Every time I visit SF.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally (say : once a week).

• Ummm... News? Front page? Portal? What's this guy talking about?!?

• What the hell's StorageForum anyway?

• Total voters

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
I've noticed SF changed a lot since I been here last time, with a full-blown front page including news and all. I see CougTek's posting updates on a fairly regular basis...

So, my question is - is anyone reading those, or even visits the front page at all (as opposed to directly firing up the forums URL)?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I voted for "Every time I visit" but that's only since I changed the shortcut to it in my "favorites" folder. Which I just did today! Still can't log in there however.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It depends on which machine I'm using to visit, actually. Not quite every day. Probably five times a week. It looks good if you ask me.

Now, let's get working on adding our own content. That'd be a great next step!

GMac

Learning Storage Performance
2-3 times a week on average :D . In fact I learned of the latest 4-in-1 from there (and went off to download), so it is useful. I couldn't log in either though, so I tend to come to the forums first, then use the link from here.

GM

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
Ooopps... My shortcut came directly to the forums. Didn't know there was a 'Front Page'. I changed my short cut to start there now.

Bozo :D

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks for the tip. I had no idea that the front page project had progressed that far. But then I haven't been here :cry:

I see that CougTek's incessant body building is ensuring he has boundless energy as a news hound.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
time said:
I see that CougTek's incessant body building is ensuring he has boundless energy as a news hound.
A news hound? I barely post one article a day on average.

I'll have to rework the layout of the front page to make the flow of news more readable. Currently, we only see two or three articles without scrolling, that's not very reader-friendly IMO. If we would only show the news' title and a link to the news' text, I think it would be better.