non-Outlook mail clients

Adcadet

Storage Freak
hey Crew,
on my school laptop I use Outlook. Why? To keep my callendar with email, to see what viruses are being thrown around, and to remind me why I use Mozilla Mail. But how does MozMail compare with Thunderbird? About 6 months ago I used it and liked it, but ended up replacing it with Mozilla's Mail since it seemed to have a few less bugs. Comments?

Thanks,
Adcadet

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
CougTek said:
AVG has often overlooked some virus that were detected by other (NOD32) anti-virus programs. It's free, but it isn't the most efficient.
Those sorts of messages are caught by Spamihilator and are never opened/read in Outlook anyway. I'm quite aggressive at adding domains to the anti-spam rules.

BTW, in addition to the Netgear router's firewall I run Tiny Personal Firewall, which I like for it's stability, simplicity, and efficiency. And, of course, I apply Windows security patches as they are released.

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
Thunderbird is coming along.

I switched to 0.6 on my home computer.
Aside from a blocked port 25 (SMTP) issue that I had to get around, it works pretty good. Only thing left for me now is to allow me to modify the from address easily. The SPAM filtering works pretty well (though more false positives than I'd like).

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Not too long ago on one of my machines, thunderbird's adaptive spam filtering decided that mail from the people I work with should be considered spam. I had to completely reset the spam filters to make it stop trashing their mail.

Handruin

Administrator
I was a bit disapointed to find spamihilator doesn't work with IMAP, only pop3. Have I been misinformed? I tried it last night and it didn't recognize any of my mail accounts except for the one POP3 I use.

Handruin

Administrator
You must have kids. :)

Swiper no swiping.

(I don't have kids, but I've seen a video game of Dora)

EdwardK

Learning Storage Performance
sechs said:
I have used Eudora for many years with few issues.
I second sechs on that.
I was forced to switch from Eudora to Outlook at work although I still use Eudora at home. The latest version of Eudora has improved their importer to import from Outlook and Apple Mail. The junk/spam filter of Eudora is adequate for my needs. My NAV2004 also integrates with Eudora and it scans all my incoming and outgoing emails. Maybe I should switched back to Eudora at work :wink:

Cheers,
Edward