Observation

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
After being exposed to Tannin's writing for the past couple of years, it seems that with his prolific penchant for sock puppets, excellent imagination, and colorful expressions, I would suggest that he consider writing children’s books. Just read his recent short story about Tea and the Dandendong Lockup. Minus the odd vulgarity, the adventures of Tea could be a big hit.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Fushigi said:
Perhaps he could team with Merc and write childrens books about overthrowing MS. :lol:

LOL! Good one.....:)

Not a bad idea Buck.

I also think the storie by Merc should be put in a special place, and then advertised on the net. I think it's that great. It would make a good sci-fi book!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I'm not committed enough to write for a living in any case. It's really frustrating that I can sit down after a really pissy exeperience and write something like the thing in the S*ny thread in maybe 5 minutes, but I can't seem to free the words for the story JoJo likes so much despite months and months of thinking about it.

Tannin, though, would probably do very well at it.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
No. I'm the same as you, Merc. Sometimes it flows like water, other times I sit and sit and sit and produce a single medichre paragraph after a couple of hours work.

But actually, our writing doesn't have enough intellectual quality to satisfy the intelligence of the average child. We need a sub-normal audience.

One that actually enjoys our silly stories.

Which is why we come here, of course.

:wink:

Will Rickards WT

Learning Storage Performance
Website
www.willrickards.net
I get writers block something fierce.
It was a problem for me in college. I flunked my first writing class because of it. I was put in the advanced class too because... well I was qualified.
Anyway I eventually switched schools and ended up turning in 2 of the 3 required papers. The first two got A's the third was an F for a grade of C which allowed me not to have to take the class again!
I also took physics twice and barely passed the second time... I had this problem with showing up for class.... too much time sleeping or programming to worry about physics though I did like it and did comprehend it when I attended class.

It is much easier for me to write an algorithm than a paper.
I guess that is why my website is so sparse with the long flowing essays I have in my head but never seem to write down.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
While we're discussing writers: No one has brought up fool's poetry, which is something else here that I greatly appreciate. Sad there aren't many outlets for poets in today's world.

fool

Learning Storage Performance
:D :D

Merc, you've made my day.

The only way I’ve ever found of getting through writers block is to not look at what I’m typing.
Just letting my fingers put whatever words fall through my head into the keyboard without for spelling, sense or structure.
I find that if I do that for sixty or so words then I can either edit some sense into what I’ve written or am able to write something unrelated whilst maintaining a reasonable words per minute count.

jtr1962

Storage? I am Storage!
Interestingly, I don't have writer's block if it's something factual that I'm writing about (I could literally write a book about trains or LEDs or lighting, for example). However, fiction is another story. I tend to think that the more real life experience you have then the easier writing fiction might be, and in that department I'll admit I've lived a rather sheltered existence, as have many here probably. While NYC has offered a wealth of experiences not possible to get anywhere else, I seldom leave the city, have only been to a handful of neighboring states, went to Montreal once (actually the furthest in distance I ever was from home, and the only time I left the US). In addition, I haven't had that many friends, and only one love affair. Since the best fiction tends to be replete with life experience, much of which includes humans interacting with each other, I find it hard to relate what I seldom or never experienced. Sure, I can probably write science fiction which is mostly full of wonderful technical details and extrapolation of present technologies, but without the human factor it would probably be as almost as dull as reading a technical manual. The one piece of fiction I might have inside me that wouldn't be that way would be based on my one love experience, and I haven't thought about that story enough to put it on paper.