Odd request

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
The corperate IT department has pretty much taken away all user options on our computers. One of them is the screensaver. It is permently set at 10 minutes with a blank sreen.

Does anyone know of a program that would fake out the timer or make the OS (XP Pro) think the mouse is moving??? Or something to that effect.

Thanks,
Bozo :mrgrn:

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I am sure glad I get excluded from our corporate image. We're not that draconian but there are things in our image that I don't care for.

While not a guarantee, on my home PC when Outlook2000 is open the screensaver fails to kick in. (I don't actually use the saver but the monitor fails to go to sleep) I'm pretty sure it's the Spamihilator-Outlook integration that does it; i.e. the periodic email check seems to count as activity and reset the Windows timer.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
That may be by request from your facilities people or something. Monitors use gobs of power, after all.

The first thought that comes to my mind is that at one time there were internet services that paid you to search the web -view so many ads from company X or whatever. Some creative people built software to fool the For Pay Surfing tools that they were really on their PCs, while they were actually at work or asleep.

I don't remember anything more than that, but that info might be a place to start looking.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Mercutio said:
That may be by request from your facilities people or something. Monitors use gobs of power, after all.

The first thought that comes to my mind is that at one time there were internet services that paid you to search the web -view so many ads from company X or whatever. Some creative people built software to fool the For Pay Surfing tools that they were really on their PCs, while they were actually at work or asleep.

I don't remember anything more than that, but that info might be a place to start looking.

I found a program that did this awhile back. It would record mouse movements and then loop them. I just can't remember what it was called anymore. Search on download.com and I'm sure you will find something.

Jimshady

What is this storage?
Before they went underground, they were called AllAdvantage. Of course there were many MANY more after that. If you do a search for alladvantage, you will surely find all the cheating sites still available that will have the mouse movers.