Off to Vegas...

ddrueding

Fixture
I've not been doing so well lately; perhaps a trip to Las Vegas, NV will turn my head around. Leaving tomorrow morning at 9AM, driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo the 7 hours it'll take.

Funny, I just had my last arrest warrant cleared 2 days ago...it was from a Vegas trip in 2000...

See ya'll in a few days.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
In a Cayenne, sholdn't that trip only take about 3 hours? :lol:

Nothing as exciting as LV, but my wife and I are heading to a B&B in Michigan this weekend for a little time away from work, home, and the pets.

Handruin

Administrator
Have fun on both your trips! I hope you can find some "happiness", david (just not too much of it). ;) I'll eat some pasta this weekend in honor of your events! (ok, lame, I know) My folks are coming for a visit for Laura's b-day and we're going out to eat.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
What's wrong with pasta? I love pasta.

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Very well then. As you were.

:wink:

ddrueding

Fixture
I doubled my money at the tables but struck out at the bars...predictable. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

We have a 2000+ sq. ft. suite overlooking the strip, would be a shame to waste this view on just me.

Wasted....ttyl.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I'm currently in Chester, Vermont with a client install. Nice quiet town. No traffic lights.

ddrueding

Fixture
Frustration reigns. On the drive here all the guys could talk about was getting laid. When they showed no signs of leaving the blackjack table I , in a massive breach of character and severe nervousnes, went to the top club in the area (curve) and managed to secure 6 women for the night and following night. But as it turs out my "friends" were on a winning streak and wouldn't meet up with me to close the deal. Now I'm back at the rooms alone, piss drunk, and they're still losing at blackjack....bastads...

JSF

What is this storage?
ddrueding, a very sad story. Other than your table winnings, I hope something positive developed before you left Las Vegas.

OT for timwhit: An Italian grammar lesson for you---
la pasta: dough
le paste: collection of doughs

In the Italian Food Industry---
la pasta, gli spaghetti, i maccheroni: noodles
lo spaghetto; single noodle

Macaroni is an English word. I do not believe there is a singular form for maccheroni.

ddrueding

Fixture
Yes, it ended fairly well. I gave up on them and started looking after myself; a much easier thing to do. They finally show up around 7AM with some most questionable women and I'm long since sleeping in another room and in much better shape for golf at the Legacy the following day.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
JSF said:
ddrueding, a very sad story. Other than your table winnings, I hope something positive developed before you left Las Vegas.

OT for timwhit: An Italian grammar lesson for you---
la pasta: dough
le paste: collection of doughs

In the Italian Food Industry---
la pasta, gli spaghetti, i maccheroni: noodles
lo spaghetto; single noodle

Macaroni is an English word. I do not believe there is a singular form for maccheroni.

What does that have to do with paste?

JSF

What is this storage?
timwhit, the only sense I could draw from your entry was that you were facetiously using the plural form of pasta, hence I thought that you needed correction.

Now I am confused. What is your connection between english "paste" and pasta? I know that over-cooked pasta can taste like paste. Perhaps that is your experience, so you dislike pasta?

Joe

JSF

What is this storage?
OT to timwhit: How sad! Pasta, with its hundreds of shapes and thousands of sauces and accompaniments, is one of the world's major culinary inventions.

It is inconceivable to me that at this point in your life you have never experienced at least one good plate of pasta.

Are you familiar with the term "al dente"? It means "firm to the teeth". If restaurant pasta has not met this test, return it. If home pasta has not met this test, learn how to cook.

Of course, the sauce is important. Sauces should be prepared with fresh meat, fish, seafood or vegetables---whatever turns you on. They should not be overcooked and meat should be removed before it drops off the bone. A most pleasureable experience is to suck the juices out of the bones of beef or pork spareribs that have been used to prepare a sauce.

Pasta is a wonderful variant to potatoes, rice and bread. I think you need to broaden your cullinary experience.

Joe

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Pradeep said:
I'm currently in Chester, Vermont with a client install. Nice quiet town. No traffic lights.
The town we stayed in had 1 traffic light. I'm not sure but it may have been there for show. We parked the car at the B&B and walked everywhere so even it didn't matter. Very nice, quiet, and relaxing.