Office 2010 licensing

time

Storage? I am Storage!
It looks like OEM pricing is dead, at least for people like us.

What's the story with the media-less PKC (Product Key Card)? Where do you get the 'trial' version that is unlocked with the PKC?

I see there's also a version that includes a DVD - at a significantly higher cost - that apparently can be installed on two PCs but is only supposed to be for a single user. Can the PKC be applied to the media that comes with this?

Microsoft's web site is suitably opaque, but I assume someone here has worked it all out?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Chewy, that's what I suspected.

What about the DVD version with 2 installs? What's to stop someone buying one license instead of two?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks Chewy, that's what I suspected.

What about the DVD version with 2 installs? What's to stop someone buying one license instead of two?

If you can make do with the missing stuff and you have tots around the house then a Student version would prob be cheapest.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
There's a Home and Student Edition with 3 installs that is the cheapest. But beware, there's an edition of this in some countries that allows only one install. This includes Woird, Excel & PwrPnt. There's a Home & Business edition that adds Outlook, that is more expensive, but is restricted to one install.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I just found out that the version of Office 2010 that is installed through Ninite.com can be upgraded to any version for which you have a product key. I did not realize that.