Online store : Superbiiz - good or not?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Superbiiz constantly has the best prices on the RAM I need for the server proposal I'm working on. And they advertize they have the sticks I want in stock to top it off. Is it too good to be true? Their prices are significantly below the rest of the market.

Anyone here ever did business with them?

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Why would you even think of ordering from a store with such a reputation for poor customer service and return policies? Doesn't your company have approved vendors for routine purchases of basic equipment?

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Why would you even think of ordering from a store with such a reputation for poor customer service and return policies? Doesn't your company have approved vendors for routine purchases of basic equipment?

Eh...According to Reseller Ratings, it scores 9.6/10. How is that bad? And yes, we do have approved vendors, but they don't always have the parts I'm looking. As I wrote earlier, Superbiiz's prices on certain items are very low compared to what I can find elsewhere, hence my interest.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Coug, the # of reviews is also very important. 9.6/10 from, say, 1200 reviews is fabulous, but out of 5 reviews sounds bogus.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
I've bought things (HDD) from eWiz ~ 2005 without problems. But why they would need multiple business names is suspicious. Reseller Ratings will club business names as soon as they find out.